Since 2007, The Brewer-Garrett Company has been working with Cleveland State University (CSU) to reduce the University’s energy use and cost, lower operational costs, and reduce environmental impact while making capital improvements. Projects include fume hood renovation, mechanical system upgrades, and lighting upgrades in 28 buildings across the campus plus three parking garages and numerous surface parking lots and walkways. This Program will allow CSU to meet the State of Ohio’s H.B. 251 requirements, which mandate a 20% reduction in energy use by FY 2014.
In 2009, CSU was a recipient of Crain’s Emerald Award, which “honors outstanding Northeast Ohio companies, organizations and leaders who have successfully implemented and benefited from strategic sustainable priorities that significantly trim costs increase and cash flow with innovations and products designed to reduce its environmental footprint”. Check out this video about the success of our partnership!
This campus-wide energy conservation and management program includes complete design, acquisition, construction, and installation. The partnership between Brewer-Garrett and CSU has had many program highlights.
- Replacement of over 58,000 fluorescent lamps with low-mercury energy efficient lamps
- Installation of over 20,000 high-efficiency fluorescent electronic ballasts
- Recycling of old lamps and ballasts for mercury, glass, metal, phosphorus, and other materials
- New lamps contain significantly less mercury and last twice as long
- Elimination of PCB containing ballasts
- Installation of over 1,600 new high-efficiency LED exterior lighting fixtures
- 50% reduction in electricity used by exterior lighting systems
- Installation of fully automated, high-efficiency chilled water plant that uses environmentally friendly R-134 refrigerant
- Removal of old chillers and reclamation of R-11 refrigerant
- Fiscal Year 2011 alone resulted in over 7.3 million kWh electricity reductions and over 25,000 MLB steam reduction!
On an annual basis actual energy and operating savings are audited and reconciled to contractually guaranteed savings.
The Brewer-Garrett Company uses the latest technology combined with our extensive experience to generate millions in savings for our customers. Contact us for a Complementary Energy Audit of your facility.