Energy performance contracting for increased school building efficiency
Ohio House Bill 264, the Energy Conservation Program, is a great incentive for school districts to increase building efficiency, thermal comfort and energy conservation. This State-sponsored program allows school districts to make energy efficiency improvements to their facilities using the cost savings they generate to pay for them. With over 87% of a facility's operational budget used for lighting, heating and cooling, this translates to big cuts in operational deficits.
The Brewer-Garrett Company helps K-12 educational institutions take advantage of HB 264 and other incentives to improve their mechanical systems. Our expertise in energy performance contracting and commissioning has enabled the schools districts we’ve worked with to generate the positive cash flow they need. Read our case studies to learn more.
We combine our extensive design-build mechanical experience and the latest technology to boost building efficiency and meet your energy conservation targets. If we are not able to achieve the projected energy savings, we will compensate you for the shortfall.
Contact us for energy saving solutions that could save your school district hundreds of thousands of dollars!
- Akron Public Schools
- Berea City Schools
- Brecksville-Broadview Heights City School District
- Cardinal Local School District
- Champion Local School District
HB 264 Savings
Brewer-Garrett OSFC HB 264 Projects Developed For Ohio School Districts Over Past 15 Years
- Total Investments: $66.7M
- Total Savings: $75.2M
- Average Payback: 12.7 years
- Number Of Buildings: 226
Take advantage of HB 264 and save money!
HB 264 allows Ohio public schools to improve their capital building systems based on the savings that are generated by the replacement. Making the right improvements is key. The Brewer-Garrett Company is well versed with school building commissioning. We are one of only six commissioning firms to be pre-approved by the OSFC (Ohio School Facilities Commission) for the job.
To meet your building efficiency requirements we:
- Perform energy engineering services to highlight the appropriate equipment and systems that will achieve target energy and cost savings.
- Design/build mechanical systems to replace or upgrade existing, under performing systems with minimal disruption or downtime.
- Install and service building automation systems to help control energy costs and adjust temperatures and schedules across multiple buildings.
- Offer comprehensive maintenance services to ensure your equipment lasts for years to come and continues to run at its best for maximum savings.
- Leverage our knowledge and experience working with K-12 institutions across the state to apply best practices in your school district.
- Guarantee energy savings through our performance contracting.
Comfort and minimal disruption are critical factors in a productive, enriching educational environment. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), poor indoor air quality has a negative effect on students. The Brewer-Garrett Company can help you use HB 264 to provide a healthy educational environment, improve building efficiency and enjoy energy savings all at the same time.
Contact us for the latest design/build mechanical services for K-12 educational institutions in Ohio.